BRAND NEW FOR 2023!
Calling all Idol Groups!
Get those light sticks ready! Because for the first time ever at Colossalcon East, we are proud to introduce our very first Idol Showcase Contest! Sign up and show us your best performance as we celebrate all things Idol.
Rules and Guidelines
All performance entries must follow the rules below. Disregarding these rules may result in disqualification and/or you could be asked to leave the convention. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
- One member may register their full group. This individual will be the point of contact for the idol group for CCE.
- You cannot enter the Masquerade with the same performance! The Idol Showcase performances should be unique to this event. As the winner will be performing in the Masquerade Halftime Show, we will encourage you to enter one or the other. Not both.
- Each group must prepare one full performance. The max amount of time is 5 minutes. One performance per group and you may only perform with one group.
- Every group member must be registered for Colossalcon East.
- Costumes and performances must be MAX PG-13. If it’s appropriate for a PG-13 movie, it’s appropriate for the competition, but please keep in mind that there will be children in the audience. If you are unsure whether your performances or audio are appropriate, please feel free to email the cosplay staff for feedback. If you are questioning the content, then perhaps it should not be in your skit.
The Cosplay Director and/or Assistant Director reserve the right to decline/disqualify your performance if the content is deemed inappropriate for the PG-13 rating.
- You do not have to make your own costume to enter the Idol Showcase. Fanart costumes are also permitted in Performance. Cosplay is required, however. If your skit has original characters and/or non-cosplaying characters, they should make up the minority of characters in your skit. (Stagehands are considered part of your group but not considered for the “cosplay required” rule.) Costumes must meet the rules and guidelines of the convention. (Please see dress code)
- Pre-recorded audio is required. MP3 FILES ONLY FOR JUST AUDIO. If you would like to utilize our video screen, please make sure the video and audio are in one .MP4 file.
- If it comes on stage with you, it must leave the stage with you. Nothing dangerous or messy. Throwing objects off the stage is prohibited. Reckless behavior resulting in falling off the stage, or breaking/damaging equipment (or nearly doing so) will result in disqualification. If you break stage equipment, you buy it. Extreme physical acts may need approval from the Cosplay Director at rehearsal to ensure safety.
- Audio must be already edited for length and content. You will be required to submit your audio before the convention. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- No surprises! Any dangerous stunts, messy stage props, or anything that could hinder the performance experience for others will result in instant disqualification.
Contestants are now allowed to utilize our large screens for a video to help enhance their skits. This could be a video background or a photo of a location to help bring the audience into your performance. Please note that the contents of your video must also meet the PG-13 standards.
If you would like to use this option, please link your audio and video together in one file. We will only be accepting the following formats: .MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI.
If you are using the video background, please select such on your entry form.
We are so excited to welcome you to the Colossalcon East Idol Showcase! If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. Best of luck with all of your prep and submissions and we will see you at the convention!
The deadline for submissions is Saturday, August 26th by 11:59pm or if we hit capacity.